October 1, 2010

Yumminess...

Being gluten free and refined-sugar/corn-syrup free means that I get creative. Adapt recipes and hope for the best. This one turned out yummy...

G/F Agave-Sweetened Coconut Chocolate Chip Muffins:

I was a dork and made these on the hottest day of the year (Monday night), but now I’m grateful I did. They were seriously worth the sweat and over-heating of the house…

1 ¾ cup gluten free flour mix (I like Pamela’s)

¼ cup unsweetened coconut

¼ tsp. Xanthan gum

1 1/2 tsp. baking powder

½ tsp. salt

½ tsp. Cinnamon

½ tsp. nutmeg

1 tsp. vanilla

1/3 cup oil (I use Coconut oil)

¾ cup Agave nectar (I use the light kind)

1 egg

¾ cup milk

1 cup Grain Sweetened Chocolate Chips

In a saucepan, melt the coconut oil (or, if you’re like me and making these on the hottest day of the year, you can skip this step – it’s already melted!). You can also use vegetable oil; just skip this step.

While it’s melting, sift together the g/f flour, salt, Xanthan gum, baking powder, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Add the coconut & mix together with a whisk.

When the coconut oil is melted, add the agave, milk, vanilla, and egg (the milk should cool the oil enough that the egg doesn’t cook). Whisk together.

Add the wet mixture to the dry; mix well. Fold in chocolate chips.

Fill muffin pans, bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes until done.

Cool completely (if you can wait!!).

They freeze well, too.

0 comments:

Post a Comment